Health 07 January 2020
A good question I am frequently asked by my patients is "at what age should I start focusing on preventative health measures including diet, lifestyle and aesthetics?"
The answer is now!
In your early 20s your body starts the aging process which, for most people, manifests itself by your late 20s/early 30s.
Focusing on your personal health and wellness from both the inside and outside at a young age will allow you to prevent disease onset, connect deeper with your body and age more gracefully.
In my quest to find health and wellness in myself and to be able to fulfill my desire to bring about health and wellness to my patients I found that I had to change my approach to the healthcare system and approach my patients from the perspective that the younger you start the better your chances of preventing chronic illnesses that are plaguing North American society such as diabetes type 2, hypertension etc.
I have been able to create a practice of medicine where I combine the art of Aesthetic Medicine and the universality of Integrative Medicine to allow my patients to be able to live as optimally as they choose.
Traditional medicine has taught us to approach healthcare professionals such as your doctor once your body has been affected by disease or illness - but observations and understandings of the human mind and body shows evidence that focusing on health, wellness and disease prevention is the most optimal way to live your life.
Shifting the gears of my practice in medicine has allowed me to explore the more holistic approaches to healthcare and I have found that patients are overall more fulfilled and excited to be able to gain more energy, vitality and understanding of their bodies.
Merging wellness and aesthetics together allows my patients to live the best possible way and as any other biohacking treatment, Integrative Aesthetic Medicine, allows us to age more gracefully by using technology and science to manipulate and prepare our bodies to adapt to our rapidly changing environments such as aging, pollution, genetics and stress.
The key to a better health is to start young, be actively involved in your own health and wellness and be constantly aware of the newest science and technology that helps us live in the most optimal fashion.
Here are 6 simple ways to start the new year with intentions of health and wellness at any age!
1. Stop and breathe - breathing and being able to find stillness in our minds and bodies despite our busy world allows us to decrease stress in our bodies - stress leads to inflammation and inflammation leads to disease. Meditation and breath work have been shown to help control active diseases and help prevent
2. Stimulate collagen - we start losing collagen production in our early 20's - collagen is an important part of the health and architecture of the skin - stimulating your immune system both by external manipulation and healthy eating will ensure that your biggest organ remains in tact for as long as possible - regularly getting procedures such as micro-needling, radio-frequency or my personal favorite: radio-frequency with micro-needling will ensure more collagen stimulation
3. Start yourself on magnesium supplementation - if there is 1 supplement that most people should be on to notice the biggest change in the shortest period of time then magnesium is the one. We are all deficient in magnesium and supplementing can help with so many states of imbalance in the body including poor sleep, anxiety, bowel function and more.
Not all magnesiums are created equal with some having better absorption than others: consult with your integrative medicine practitioner before adding new supplements to your daily routine
4. Focus on a more plant based diet that incorporates more whole foods and less processed altered foods - Science and the obesity epidemic worldwide has shown us that eating a more plant based diet is the most optimal way to live - sometimes making radical changes can be more difficult than imagined so I suggest starting with 1 meatless day per week and gradually build up a foundation of plant based.
5. Optimization of nutrition including a visit to your integrative medicine practitioner where you can work together with a provider to achieve your health goals and possibly even learn ways to optimize that you didn't.
6. A little neurotoxin (such as Botox or Dysport) goes a long way - neurotoxins help reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, underarm sweat but studies are now underway that show that it may help in conditions such as depression and anxiety
And remember - it's important to engage in dialogue with your provider to see how you can make positive changes in your life to ensure better health and vitality!
Whether it's your child or your brand, there is nothing quite like the excitement you get when you see the fruits of your efforts grow. In the face of aversion, you must remain cool-minded and adaptable to remain effective. This can be quite stressful, and every minute counts. Alone, the responsibility can be overwhelming - wouldn't it be nice if things just ran themselves sometimes? Especially those things that we do mindlessly all the time, and seem to take up most of our time?
When you start a business, you soon come to realize that in order to grow your brand, you need to be extremely organized. And to be efficiently organized, it is imperative that you master the art of managing your time. The saying 'time is money' rings true when it comes to growth. This is why we're going to provide you with helpful tips that will allow you to save time so you can focus on growing your brand.
Use the Right Tools
Technology has changed the way we conduct our business with each other. Today, more than ever before, we have access to data which gives us clearer insight and vision, as well as better tools for productivity. However, as we all know, this is all conditional to your intent. As much as a smartphone can be a tool for productivity, it can also be a fantastic source of distraction and procrastination, which is directly detrimental to said productivity. Automation is an advantage that is available to almost everyone today when it would have been unthinkable just a generation ago.
When a brand is still young, the team is still close-knit and there isn't too much coordination necessary when it comes to keeping up to date and on top of work. Chat groups and video calls can do, as well as simple task-managing apps. But as you grow, your workflow becomes more complex and the volume of data generated by your company will very quickly become a logistical nightmare.
Telltale signs of data overwhelming are endless excel sheets, frantic Post-it notes all around the (real or digital) office, and relying on the consumer rather than business-oriented data storage and communications solutions. These have their limits, and investing in a holistic company-wide system will not be a waste.
Work More Effectively
Your workflow can be simplified into smaller tasks which follow each other in a sequence, which can have conditional elements to it. That's where automation comes in. If you can draw it in a flowchart, you can automate it. Tasks that would have taken days can be outsourced to a machine that will not only perform but also learn in the process.
There is now a myriad of online services for freelancers which essentially give them the productivity potential of a small firm. We're now at the point where bots at https://www.hellobonsai.com/contract-templates can generate custom templates for the documents your brand needs, replacing the need for a legal consultant to intervene. You just need to know what you want to automate, and what you want to make out of it. If you create a logical process from the inception of your brand, then the automation will be seamless, as all you will need to do is add more tasks.
Be Mobile and Flexible
Most of your coworkers and clients will probably already have a smartphone, or will soon. It is also very likely that beyond using these for leisure and social activities, they use them for work. It is now normal to switch off the heating in that apartment you've been renting out while you are on holiday because your AirBNB tenants are overusing it. Or to track the status of your latest food delivery while you are sitting on the toilet.
Consumers today are not only constantly on the move, but they are also increasingly data-focused. They will be looking for results and have the capabilities they need to research, analyze, and calculate what they deem necessary to ensure they will be making the right decision. They thus also expect the same in return, in the form of bespoke customer service that is both intelligent and responsive.
Data is everywhere and is relatively easy to obtain. In a single click, you can generate a web analysis that will reveal more information about your blog or website than your doctor will ever tell you about your own body. Before diving into this ocean of data, take time to identify what is really important to you. Brainstorming is a great tool to really identify and prioritize what you and your team should be focusing on first. If you try to wage war on all fronts, then the chances of winning are slim.
With the right tools and the right method, you can save yourself quite a considerable amount of time. With both the agility and flexibility that data managing and automation software brings to the table, you will see an increase in your productivity. Careful planning is key, and if you focus on streamlining your workflow, you will be able to take your brand to the next level.